The most common issue users have in uploading a guest list is that the Excel worksheet contains customized content like filters, background colors, font colors, etc. Here are some important notes to consider when importing:
- It is critical that the import file be free of any formulae, hidden cells, or other Excel unique formatting.
- Records with the same email will be treated as guests of the primary record
- Import should be done with a unique set of records or else duplicate attendees may be added to the list, consuming additional credits
- Importing the file will return a response page with the number of attendees, guests and any errors; this may take some time, depending on the size of the file, network latency and system load.
- If you receive the error "You don't have enough credits" even if you do have enough credits compared to the list of attendees being imported, it is most likely that the file contains rows of hidden content that is being read as additional attendees. This is typically due to formatted ranges, or spaces, or special characters in other rows.
Follow these steps to clear any hidden content in the Excel file:
- Open the file then highlight just the data to be imported from the file.
- Open a new Excel workbook file. Right click then select "Paste Special".
- Then select radio button “Values”.
- Save the file as "Excel 97-2003 Workbook".
- Re-upload the file.